Club Waimea prides itself on it’s friendly, sociable and community minded spirit. We are proud to offer members, affiliates and their guests the use of top quality ammenities in the form of:
- House bar with regular entertainment
- Gaming Room
- Caravan Park (with ablution block)
- Off Sales
- Functions Hall with full kitchen and bar facilities
- Rooms for functions
- Twelve Sporting Sections
Club Waimea is always looking for active members. Sign up at the club or download our online application form below.
Fill out an application form and hand it to the Club Waimea office along with the membership fee. Our office hours are 10am – 4pm Monday – Friday.
- Your temporary membership card will be posted when your application is accepted. You will be sent your new membership card soon after that. Click to download the application form as a pdf document.
Gaming RoomClub Waimea is proud to offer you an 18 Machine Gaming Room. Club Waimea supports problem gambling assistance. If you feel that you have a gambling problem or would like to help a mate, please contact: THE GAMBLING HELPLINE ON 0800 664 262… or go to the website: http://www.pgfnz.org.nzA Brief History of Club Waimea
- The idea of Club Waimea was born out of local Richmond people seeking a place with a friendly, sociable and community minded atmosphere that was able to offer more than just a Pub. The first meeting was held at the Richmond Town Hall with approximately 35 people attending. This meeting was met with much enthusiam and it was here that the inital processes were put into place to create what we now know as Club Waimea.
Members, Guests, & Affiliated Members
Our Club is proud to be a part of Clubs New Zealand and welcome members of other affiliated clubs. We encourage you to visit our Club and confirm that we are Richmond’s leading supplier of hospitality with regular live entertainment.
Please use the page menu on the right of our site to view what we have to offer.
Club Waimea Timeline
- 1970 WTCC registered as an Incorporated Society 9 5/8 acre block of land is purchased
- 1974 Charter granted under the then ‘Sale of Liquor Act’ Club Waimea was officially opened with 650 Members.
- 1978 Kitchen facilities extended to provide restaurant service
- 1979 Caravan Park with 58 sites opened (now 64 sites)
- 1981 Squash Complex with 4 courts opened 1983 Members Lounge extended
- 1988 All Weather Bowling Green opened with 8 rinks Licencing Commission raises membership limit to 1300
- 1989 Family Area extended from Restaurant to include Members Lounge, Activity Floor and Beer Garden
- 1991 Off Sales facility opened. Construction started on Snooker Room and Meeting Room
- 1992 Main Hall, Snooker Room and Meeting Room completed (officially opened 28 November 1992)
- 1995 Gaming Room opened 2002 Four Tourist Units opened Gaming Machine numbers increased to 18.