Club Waimea prides itself on it’s Friendly, Sociable and Community minded spirit. We are proud to offer Members, Affiliates and their Guests the use of top quality amenities in the form of:
- House Bar with regular Entertainment
- Gaming Room - 18 Machines
- Caravan Park (with ablution block - full facilities)
- Off Sales
- Functions Hall with full Bar facilities
- Rooms for Functions
- Various Sporting Sections
- All year round Outdoor Bowling Green
- Squash Courts
Club Waimea Timeline
- 1970 WTCC registered as an Incorporated Society 9 5/8 acre block of land is purchased
- 1974 Charter granted under the then ‘Sale of Liquor Act’ Club Waimea was officially opened with 650 Members.
- 1978 Kitchen facilities extended to provide restaurant service
- 1979 Caravan Park with 58 sites opened (now 64 sites)
- 1981 Squash Complex with 4 courts opened 1983 Members Lounge extended
- 1988 All Weather Bowling Green opened with 8 rinks Licencing Commission raises membership limit to 1300
- 1989 Family Area extended from Restaurant to include Members Lounge, Activity Floor and Beer Garden
- 1991 Off Sales facility opened. Construction started on Snooker Room and Meeting Room
- 1992 Main Hall, Snooker Room and Meeting Room completed (officially opened 28 November 1992)
- 1995 Gaming Room opened 2002 Four Tourist Units opened Gaming Machine numbers increased to 18.
- 2006 Major renovations, which included enlarging the Restaurant and the addition of two new function rooms.
- 2012 29 November a newly refurbished outdoor bowling green, now with an all- weather green, and with the Richmond Bowling Club moving to our premises.
345 Queen Street, PO Box 3183, Richmond, Nelson
Phone: 03 543 9179